High Performance Fiber Glass Cloth 4Oz S Glass Corrosion Resistance
S Glass Surfboard Fabrics, are industry standard for high performance surfboards and sailboard fabrication. When compared to E-glass, S glass laminates show significant improvements in tensile strength, flexural strength, flexural modulus and compressive strength. S Glass Laminates also exhibit improved impact resistance and toughness.
S-Glass will has the same working qualities as a standard E-glass, however you will gain an approximate 25-30% increase in breaking strength. Used in applications where the most possible strength is required while keeping weight to a minimum
4oz S Glass
Compared to E-Glass, S-glass has the following features and benefits
1. 25 to 30% better tensile strength
2. 16 to 20% higher modulus of elasticity
3. 100 to 150 degrees celsius better temperature endurance
4. 10 fold higher fatigue resistance
5. Excellent impact resistance because of the high elongation to breakage
6. High ageing and corrosion resistance
7. Quick resin wet-out properties
8. Weight saving at the same performance
Aerospace, marine and arms industries due to its high tensile strength and higher modulus of elasticity when compared to e-glass.